Leprechauns speak out!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Where we live


"A Continuity of existence
Still remained in me,
which I do not deny."
- Fintan, the Great Rememberer

Céad Mile Fáilte to Ancient Ireland ~ Welcome! I am deeply grateful for my Irish emigrant ancestors who struggled to survive in dignity. Were it not for their perseverence, stamina and pure will to live, I wouldn't be here today. There isn't one day that goes by that I don't think about what they endured so that their descendants could enjoy a better life. All of my websites are created in their honor.

Also, as an Irish-American author and educator, I'm interested in keeping our rich Celtic heritage alive in our society. I have tried to create a site that will facilitate research into our fascinating Celtic culture and history.

This page is under permanent re-construction since I'm always searching for the *best* resources the Net has to offer on Ancient Ireland. I have a great interest in Ancient Éire and invite you to enjoy all that is presented here....Lots more will follow.


"The great old Irish houses, the proud old Irish names,
Like stars upon the midnight, today their lustre gleams,
Gone are the great old houses - the proud old names are low
That shed a glory o'er the land a thousand years ago.
..... wheresoe'er a scion of those great old houses be,
In the country of his fathers or the land across the sea,
In city or in hamlet, by the valley, on the hill,
The spirit of his brave old sires is watching o'er him still."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home